A Super Ambitious Startup
At Enterprise League, we are passionate about helping people improve the way they do business. We are on a mission to help millions of entrepreneurs expand their business horizon and increase their company’s success. If you’re excited about projects that could change the world, we’d love for you to join us.
The mission of our Back End Software Engineer is to implement the features which support our platform which would allow our users a better experience. To achieve that mission, our Engineer will be involved in all the stages of the product development and deployment lifecycle. This will mean collaboration with the rest of the team to achieve the goals in the most productive way.
As part of this role you will have a variety of responsibilities. One day you might be working with the rest of the team planning new features and UX improvements, and another day spending time solving some technical challenges. We use a variety of open source and industry- standard technologies to design and implement new features and functionality across our application. Java and Spring are central to our back-end development and PostgreSQL is our database of choice. Your role will also include understanding and supporting our infrastructure and operations, where we use Docker & Kubernetes as part of the Amazon Web Services.
What We Value
- Ability to write clean, maintainable code regardless of which frameworks you use or how you learnt them.
- Understanding of the protocols IP, HTTP, TCP, FTP, UDP, Websockets, RMI, RCP.
- Experience in Java, Spring, REST, XML & JSON and have an understanding of how web technologies work.
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes & AWS will be considered as an advantage.
- Ability to manage with servers and databases, understanding of SQL and experience with SQL databases.
- Preferably an engineering background from school or industry, in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering and Physics.
- Experience and understanding of Git and Version Control Systems.
- Ability to effectively diagnose and solve problems in teams of technical and non-technical individuals.
- High proficiency in English.
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
- Ability and willingness to learn continuously, work independently and make decisions autonomously.